The church of Kimisis Yperagias Theotokou in Gira (The Assumption of the Virgin), is located at the narrow lane of land which is close to the northwest side of Lefkada’s lagoon. Its single spaced with a large semi circular arch. Its single spaced with a large semi circular arch. The first temple belonged to ancestors of Aggelos Sikelianos, existed before 1684 and considered as one of eldest of the island.
It was built around 1460-1503 from the brothers -priests, Stamatios and Athanasios Soundias, damaged by earthquakes and later on came to the property of Lefkada’s Orphanage and hospital’s. The wooden iconostasis is simple and fine. The icon of Panagia Hodeghetria, which is dedicated to, is the work of Tomazo Tzen, with an obvious influence from Byzantine’s tradition. Today, is the chapel of the town’s church Aghios Nikolaos.